LED light and your skin....The Facts
Monday 26th February 2018
You may have seen in the press recently, there is a lot of talk about LED light therapy being used in facials, but what exactly does it do and how does it benefit the skin?
LED light and your skin, the facts
There are two types of light therapy that are most commonly used within facials, blue and red LED lights.
- Blue light therapy is often used to treat acne, rosacea, psoriasis.
- It is very calming on the skin and perfect for use after a deep cleansing facial or skin peel.
- Blue light has antibacterial benefits which help to sterilise the skin and reduce breakouts and calm irritation.
- Red light therapy is often used to help promote collagen production within the skin, help reduce fine lines and wrinkles caused by age or sun damage.
- Red light penetrates very deep within the skin allowing it to work on the lower layers giving improved results for anti aging.
- Red light also helps to heal and tighten the skin giving a firmer more youthful appearance.
How is it used in our facials?
LED light therapy is a completely safe and non invasive way to vamp up your usual skincare routine.
During a facial using our CACI Synergy machine, we will assess your skin and decide which light is best suited for you, or use a combination of both colours for an overall skin health improvement.
This light is then combined with either a skin toning and tightening treatment, microdermabrasion for superficial skin exfoliation or with a hydra tone mask for super skin hydration.
LED light therapy facials start from just £35